Waxing After Care Advice
Please note after your waxing treatment some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first waxing. These symptoms should subside over the next 48 hours depending on the sensitivity of your skin. If you experience persistent redness or irritation after 48 hours please contact us.
As your skin is a little more sensitive after waxing please avoid the following for the next 24 hours after your treatment:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms
- No tanning
- No heavy workout exercise
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Keep the waxed area clean
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders or perfume to the waxed area
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment.
- Always wash your hands before applying any product to the waxed area
- To prevent ingrown hairs, starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a loofah or exfoliating mitt.
- Keep the waxed area of the skin moisturised, this will keep the skin hydrated and help new hairs to grow through normally.
Body hair needs to be at least 1-2 cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing, please do not shave between your appointments for best results.